How NFA Financing Works
Tax-exempt bond financing is a proven low-cost method of raising capital. The NFA can provide access to this market for qualified borrowers by acting as the conduit issuer. Eligible costs for a NFA financing may include the purchase of land, project design costs, construction, rehabilitation, improvement, equipment purchase, and installation and legal fees.
Up to 2% of the proceeds of a NFA bond offering may be used to pay the cost of issuing bonds, such as for underwriters and legal fees. Also, the NFA can issue taxable bonds to cover any additional costs of issuance or for additional undertakings that are not tax-exempt.
The following types* of projects are eligible to be financed on a tax-exempt basis through the NFA:
- Nonprofit Projects Including:
- Health Care
- Cultural Facilities
- Airport Related
- Affordable Multi-Family and Senior Housing
- Manufacturing Facilities & Equipment
- Pollution Control: Solid Waste, Water, Wastewater Treatment
- Public, Private, Partnerships (P3)
- Government Sponsored
* NH specific projects must be approved pursuant to RSA 162-I.